WHAT WE DO
Remote Bookkeeping Services…
So you can get on with your plans for world domination, and leave the paperwork to us. Finally, your business will allow you the freedom and flexibility to travel and spend time with family.
It’s all in a name
What is MicroChilli all about anyway?
“From hot mess to flaming success” is what MicroChilli aims for, helping startups and micro businesses get the most out of their hard work.
MicroChilli is a bookkeeping & advisory service designed to partner with new start entrepreneurs and established micro businesses. We are all about hasslefree, fuss-free accounting. We will partner with you, keeping you accountable to achieve your goals of freedom and lifestyle.
Led by our fearless, adventurous, and fun-loving certified professional bookkeeper, the most difficult thing we’ll ever ask you to do is take photos of your receipts.
At MicroChilli we’re so much more than the money and the stats. We’re more about the connection, the community and the friendships.
- We’re passionate about helping you and your business grow.
- We exceed expectations through exceptional customer service and understanding your needs.
- We empower you to achieve your goals of freedom and lifestyle while partnering with you on this journey.
- We are your chief cheerleader.
Our work is all in providing remote bookkeeping services to clients that fit our business model. And we’ve ditched the traditional 9-5 to suit our clients’ needs. Our goal is to streamline your business, optimising tech so you can see profitability in real-time and not when the BAS is due or when it’s time to submit the tax return.
the microchilli melody
Passionate small business bookkeepers
Hey there! Entrepreneur, I see you! You’re in hot mess, so whatcha gonna do?
You started your business with a vision of success, but now your BAS is overdue, and you’re feeling kinda stressed. If worrying about money has you feeling kinda pensive, then put a smile on your face because we’re not very expensive. Not only will we save you a bucketload of time, but we’ll give you heaps of ideas on how to save a dime.
We’re accountants in Melbourne with clients all across the nation, helping creative entrepreneurs achieve world domination. We use Quickbooks to do all your bookkeeping online, and we’re the only Melbourne bookkeeper who knows how to rhyme. You’ve got better things to do than this compliance stuff. So, get back to growing your business, and give the bookkeeping to us.
If your accounts have become a hot mess, let MicroChilli help you become a flamin’ success!
We’ll lodge your BAS on time, and deal with legislation. And if you’ve got more questions then…..
The original Chilli.
After spending over 20 years in corporate as a chartered management accountant, you’d be forgiven for wondering why I’d want to break away from the “norm”!
If you look at the statistics of the survival rate of small businesses from the Australian Bureau of Statistics more than 60% stop trading within the first 3 years of their startup journey. Sadly this is not always through not being profitable it is from not having access to a finance professional like the large corporates.
I believe it is the right of any business owner, large or small to have access to this information from a professional. After spotting a gap in the market for low cost, fuss free accounting services for micro businesses and new start entrepreneurs, my passion has become to empower kickass entrepreneurs on the same journey as me; it’s what fuels my fire.
That was the birth of MicroChilli. And now I’m so excited to welcome you to the Chilli Tribe!
Remote Bookkeeping and BAS Services
From a certified professional bookkeeper and BAS Agent!
As a Registered BAS Agent, our remote bookkeeping services can legally include a BAS Provision. As it takes some work to meet the requirements for registration, we like every business owner to be informed about:
- The Tax Practitioners Board’s guidelines on what bookkeepers are allowed to do if unregistered
- The associated risks that come with using an unregistered tax practitioner
- The process for lodging a complaint if you discover your bookkeeper is not registered
- Acting honestly, complying with tax laws, dealing with money in a trustworthy manner
- Not disclosing information to a third party without the client’s permission or legal duty to do so
- Taking reasonable care to ascertain client state of affairs and correctly apply GST and taxation laws
- Acting in best interest of client and managing conflicts of interest
- Timeliness, professional indemnity insurance, and correct administration of laws
- Minimum of Cert IV in Financial Services (Bookkeeping or Accounting)
- Maintaining knowledge and skills, taking relevant courses and keeping up to date with legislation
- 1,400 hours supervised experience lodging BAS in the past 4 years
- Membership with at least one professional bookkeeping or accounting body
- Maintaining Professional indemnity insurance to compensate clients in the event of loss due to an act, error or omission provided by a BAS Agent
From the MicroChilli tribe.
"Years ago, I was going it alone with the shoebox and panic situation occurring when submitting my compliance returns. Then I discovered Sharon and the MicroChilli solution – I have never looked back. Efficient, punctual, and always ready with answers, I never felt silly asking questions. When Sharon emigrated from UK to Australia, I changed accountants – great service but lacked the personal touch. I recently engaged MicroChilli to take care of my accounting again – all the way from Australia!"
"I have worked with and known Sharon from MicroChilli for almost 10 years. MicroChilli makes complicated accountancy matters easy to understand. They are approachable, friendly, fun and can always be relied upon."
"Having MicroChilli in my corner was a no brainer. To know they have my books and financial reporting all in order means I don’t have to worry and can focus on aspects of my business that I actually am good at! I completely trust MicroChilli and love liaising with their friendly team which is like an extension of my own! "
"Starting a small business is challenging. Suddenly you're CEO, CFO, CIO and COO all at once. Having the right team in your corner is critical. The right tools and technology ensure businesses run smoothly and maintain compliance. That’s where MicroChilli comes in. We engaged them to set up our bookkeeping and payroll systems from the beginning. Knowledgeable, vigilant, reliable and easy to work with, I highly recommend MicroChilli to SMEs looking for a trusted bookkeeping partner."
Ready to go from hot mess to flaming success?
You're wearing too many hats in your business! So, put your hands in the air, and step away from the bookkeeping-hat. Let us wear the stress and boredom of compliance and accounting with our remote bookkeeping services.